Mother’s Day Quiche
Yield 4-6 servings
- 6 ounces bacon, diced
- 1/2 pound asparagus, or any green veggie cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 ounces baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Position oven rack to center position. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; cook and stir bacon in the hot skillet until crisp, 5 to 10 minutes. Remove bacon and drain all but 2 tablespoons grease from skillet.
- Cook and stir asparagus and mushrooms in the remaining bacon grease until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and toss bacon into asparagus mixture. Spread asparagus-bacon mixture into the prepared pie pan. Sprinkle Swiss cheese over mixture.
- Whisk half and half, eggs, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Pour egg mixture over asparagus-cheese mixture.
- Place on a sheet pan and bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Serve with salad and Mimosa’s!